18 January 2009

Running Forever: Chapter 2

The plane was really nice, everyone smiling, being polite, just having the best of a simple flight. The stewardess was kind too. Haven't been treated so diligently for quite some time, considering being a hostage and beaten up every now and then. Back at the flight a felt like a normal person, a regular part of the society, though with a false pretense. Being given several hours of safety, it was reasonable to ponder over my tactics again, despite the fact that I managed to revolve it in less than a minute - it was a simple reason as well. I had no plan to think over. I became disillusioned with the circumstances and ordered a whiskey.
For the next hour I assured myself to keep muddling on, knowing that some of the best actions are the spontaneous ones.
Late in the afternoon the plane landed at Rio. The crowds of people surprised me but so did the heat - comparing Finland to Brazil is ludicrous. "So far, so good" I cheered up myself. All a man could need after a flight is a bath combined with a comfortable bed. Food? I guess I couldn't keep down my desire for a nice, delicious, fragrant meal, after all.
I did this at a small motel, just ten minutes away from the airport. Later on I would regret my actions, even though setting foot to the most unlikely street a man would choose, however I underestimated their tracking abilities.
Everything happened the next day, when I accidentally noticed two suspicious men wandering around my balcony with the looks of uninterested, bored locals. This was when I realized how massive their organization was. They managed to find a single man within a day, a well-trained man. These two are called the Lurkers, and are available in city, or town you could think of. Their only task is to find the person they need and report it. The next step is made by the Ground Chasers, however Sea Chasers and Air Chasers are available as well (I wonder whether a Space Chaser's existence will be detected). The Ground Chasers usually divided into groups of four people, which break into your home with the orders to knuckle you under, or kill you if you refuse and decide to play a hero.
I quickly went inside to pack my baggage but even this trifling detention gave the Chasers enough time to knock on the front door.

Troy Willer